Raita is an Indian side dish made with yoghurt and other ingredients. It goes well with curries and dhal, taking the edge off the spiciness. This recipe is vata balancing and is best eaten at lunch time. The colour of it makes it extra fun!
1 cup plain yogurt.
1 cup of beetroot.
1 big carrot.
Pinch of cinnamon & asafoetida.
1/4 tsp salt & pepper.
- Grate the carrot and beetroot.
- Mix the yogurt and slices together.
- Add the carrot and beetroot then stir.
- Allow to sit for 5 mins for the flavours to blend together.
- Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
The recipe from Annapurna’s Prasad, Ayurvedic Cooking for Health & Longevity.